Friday, December 26, 2014

For as much as she's stumbled, she's running.

May the damage of her days disappear... 





Yesterday marked three weeks post-op for me! It's been a journey...

Updates:
My opening used to deviate to the left when I opened my mouth. My mouth now opens straight! I took a video in excitement.



I'm on Peg 3 of the Therabite and it's getting easier... Can't wait to get to 5 and brag about how strong I am. 


I'm less drowsy and am able to get up and do more each day.

I've discontinued Relafen, the anti-inflammatory as instructed.

Yesterday, my favorite Christmas gift was graduating to 30 minute breaks!


My neck and back pain are what bother me the most, but Chiropractic therapy is helping! Finding my trigger points and knowing how to treat them at home has been a big help, too.

I have occasional jaw pain in the splint, when I lift out of it, or accidentally jolt my jaws to the side when out of the splint. 

My teeth are pretty sore from the braces and pressure from the rubber bands.

Yesterday, I HAD CAKE. And Christmas dinner (With a little help from the Ninja).

I'm currently taking Vitamins to help with joint health and scar healing.
Glucosamine/Chondroitin - These are used for osteoarthritis, to slow destruction/reduce pain. They are HORSE PILLS times a million. I have to crush them and mix with baby food. They taste disgusting, so mix with something you don't like. (I use apple sauce)
Vitamin E & Vitamin C - for scar healing, I was told (assuming they're referring to the incision on my abdomen and small incisions in my ears). 

My scalp sensitivity is back - I had this right after surgery very intensely; My scalp and temples have been sensitive and very painful to the touch. Jeff at the Clinic says it is most likely due to clenching, and increased my dosage of Trazodone. 

I'm finding more foods to eat, but am lacking in the meat department. Stuffing, rice and beans, pulled pork, and biscuits and gravy are current favorites. 


My family seems to be coming down with the plague and seeing as I can barely breathe through my mouth in this thing, I'm taking all the precautions! 


Life is good; last week (and month) were rough. Job and personal issues, and not having a sweet puppy to come home to and love on have made things difficult, but I'm ready to face forward and look to what the future holds.

Enjoy the little things.
Like baby ducks...

Eating PB from the jar...

(For the days that aren't so good)

Holding a puppy hand,

Cute quotes from your tea...

Sassy needlepoint,

And quotes from Myrtle Snow.



No comments:

Post a Comment